|Full Name||Austin Matthews|
|Nickname(s)|| Rockstar by Maya|
Blondie by Tori
|Date of Birth||1998|
|Family|| Diana Matthews (Mother)|
George Matthews (Father)
|Relationships|| Maya Matlin (Ex-Girlfriend; Attraction)|
Hadley Mills (Ex-Girlfriend)
|School(s)||Degrassi Community School|
|First Episode||Bleeding Love (1) (103)|
|Portrayed By||Ross Lynch|
Austin Matthews is a sophomore (Grade 10) at Degrassi Community School. Degrassi’s heartthrob, he's handsome, charming, and obsessed with singing. He had a bad home life, so he makes the most of his days at Degrassi—flirting with the girls, singing, and making his guy friends laugh. Austin breaks the rules and always get in trouble on a regular basis, but he can usually talk his way out of trouble which he always uses to his advantage. Trouble follows Austin, and a lot of times he finds himself in a tight situation.
He is best friends with Zig Novak and is good friends with Maya Matlin whom he is also in love with, Tiny, Grace Cardinal, and Damon. He is also friends with Beck Samuels, Tori Santamaria, Tristan Milligan, Ben Jacobs, Mo Mashkour, Imogen Moreno. He was also friends with Zac Andrews before he tragically passed away. He has a conflict with Edward Worthington and was enemies with Campbell Saunders before Cam committed suicide. He is in the band, WhisperHug. He has changed drastically over the summer before his sophomore year, now a bad boy who's involved with the wrong crowd. Austin is portrayed by Ross Lynch.
Appearance & StyleEdit
Austin's style of dress was very casual. He usually wore simple long sleeved shirts, or occasionally a layered button shirt or hoodie with a tee or tank top. His jeans were mostly faded and his shoes were often times sneakers or high tops.
Austin's clothing choices is more stylish and expensive. The colors he wears are bolder and vibrant, while his shirts and shoe designs are less dull and more expressive. He still layers his button ups and hoodies with undershirts and he now wears more colored leather jackets and accessories.
- Austin is the guitarist an done of the lead singers in the band WhisperHug.
- He is the first on Degrassi Evolutions to have an abusive father. Though in Stop And Stare (2) George Matthews was arrested for physically abusing Austin and his wife Diana Matthews. Since then, he father has gone to prison.
- Three of his friends Zig, Damon, and Hadley have bad home lives. Zig and Damon are poor and Hadley's parents are alcoholics.
- (To Maya): "Long time no see Maya by the way who's your friend" (first line)
- (To Cam): "I heard a lot about you"
- (To Maya): "Look I have seen a lot of messy relationships you don't need that you deserve better Cam is dumb any guy would be lucky to have you, you would slay any other girl"
- (To Maya): "I mean everything I said your the best Maya"
- (To Maya): "Well if he doesn't he is an idiot you deserve better"
- (To Maya): "So do you want to talk about the kiss the other day?"
- (To Maya): "I know you felt something I felt something Maya please"
- (To Maya): "I didn't agree you did and its kinda hard to forget after we kissed"
- (To Maya): "I can't lie anymore Maya I want to be with you"
- Main article: Austin-Maya Relationship
- Maya Matlin
- Main article: Austin-Hadley Relationship
- Hadley Mills
- Main article: Austin-Maya-Campbell Love Triangle
- Maya Matlin and Campbell Saunders
- Maya Matlin and Campbell Saunders
- Main article: Austin-Maya-Hadley Love Triangle
- Maya Matlin and Hadley Mills
- Main article: Austin-Hadley-Danny Love Triangle
- Hadley Mills and Danny Smith
- Main article: Austin-Maya-Edward Love Triangle